Hagedorn Hosts Small Business Roundtable for Small Business Week
MANKATO, Minn. – Yesterday, Congressman Hagedorn hosted a small business roundtable in Mankato in celebration of National Small Business Week. Hagedorn heard the opportunities and challenges from a half a dozen southern Minnesota small businessmen and women. Representatives from the Small Business Administration (SBA) and Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) also spoke with these business owners about available SBA programs.
- Paula Olson of The Square Deal, Mankato
- Matt Wheeler of 99 North Construction, Rochester
- Harry, Mike and Steve Brown of Harry Brown’s Family Automotive, Faribault
- Lori Ruch of Lori Marie Photography, Mankato
- Amber Pietan of Amber Pietan Travel Agency, North Mankato
- Gary Steuart of Steuart Laboratories, Mabel
- Brian McDonald, Deputy Director of the Minnesota Small Business Administration
- Mike Hahn, Regional Director of the South Central Minnesota Small Business Development Center
- Dr. Jennifer Wilson, Regional Director of Southeast Minnesota Small Business Development Center
- Dr. Bobby Fleischman, Minnesota State University Associate Vice President of Strategic Partnerships – South Central Minnesota Small Business Development Center
- Jack Zimmerman of Blue Cord Media, LLC
“As a member of the House Small Business Committee and ardent advocate for our Main Streets, it was my pleasure to host small business leaders in Mankato,” said Hagedorn. “They reiterated the need to rollback burdensome regulations, promote patient-first health care policies and cut taxes. I will take their personal stories with me to Washington as I continue to fight for southern Minnesota’s small businesses.”
Jim Hagedorn was elected in 2018 to represent Minnesota’s First District in the U.S. House of Representatives. He grew up on his family’s grain and livestock farm near Truman. Jim’s father, former U.S. Congressman Tom Hagedorn (MN-02), grandfather, and great-grandfather were all southern Minnesota farmers. Jim currently resides in the rural farming community of Blue Earth. Hagedorn brings policy experience to Capitol Hill from time spent as a congressional aide to former U.S. Congressman Arlan Stangeland (MN-07) and a congressional relations officer for two non-partisan U.S. Department of the Treasury agencies. Hagedorn serves on the House Committees on Agriculture and Small Business to promote farming, Main Street enterprises and southern Minnesota’s way of life.